Friday, March 23, 2007

Matt Schaub to Houston

I really needed some time to digest this move and pick the Web's collective brain for thoughts. There's still not much out there, but I think I've finally got my brain wrapped around it.

This is just another matter of keeping "HOU QB" at about the same slot you originally had him at. It actually pains me to say this because if I throw out my common sense, I have high hopes for the guy. The season before last, I had Crumpler on one of my teams and Schaub's starts always produced a ton of points for me!

But in Houston, he won't find the O-line, running game, or receiving corp he had with the Falcons. I've read he's LESS mobile than Carr, which could lead to more sacks.

Still, he's worth taking a late round flyer on. At the very least, he could provide a spark that gets Houston's O moving in the right direction (down the field), at least early in the season. There are some who want to say this is like when GB traded for Favre. Naturally, I disagree. I think it's more like when CAR got Delhomme, who was previously a backup with New Orleans.

Andre Johnson is still the only WR worth drafting; he doesn't move up much, if at all, either.

Owen Daniels is still an intriguing TE, but no more.

I'm hesitant to speak on the effect this could have on Mike Vick. It would involve some sort of psychological analysis and that's not exactly in the realm of 'common sense'. Sorry!

No comments: