Friday, July 22, 2011

Tweaking pass-catcher rankings

Astute observers may have noticed I've been working on the WR and TE rankings a bit this week.

I probably obsess the most over TE rankings. In my main league, only TEs get a PPR and you can use one in your flex spot as well; many $ winners have gone with 2 TE lineups (I stick with 2 RBs b/c I rarely get one good TE let alone 2). In my 2nd most important league, we added a WR/TE flex last year and I really try to start 2 there.

My main concern with most TEs is injuries. Jermichael Finley, Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates all missed a lot of time last year. Former greats like Jason Witten and Tony Gonzalez are getting older. When in doubt, then, go with youth, so Finley gets bumped to the top spot. Clark comes in 2nd mainly b/c if you handcuff Jacob Tamme to him, you won't miss a beat.

My WR rankings are starting to crystalize, at least as far down as Jordy Nelson. I expect no dropoff with Roddy White this year (fyi I had him my #3 WR heading into the '10 season and drafted him in the 4th round), while, on the other hand, I think Todd Haley re-assuming the O-coord role in KC will negatively impact the entire O including Dwayne Bowe. I like Miles Austin to rebound with Tony Romo coming back and I think Greg Jennings will be okay but not great as long as Jermichael is healthy. Once the lockout ends and players begin to move around, I should have a better feel for how the remaining WRs will do.

Stay tuned!

No comments: