Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bringin' the noise, but not the funk...

I know it's been a month since I posted but it's tough to hold down a 9-to-5 job and then come home to a 5 month old baby girl and a wife who's in dire need of a break. And since lil' Maggie doesn't like sitting on daddy's lap while he blogs, posting has been scarce.

But now that the fantasy 'experts' are turning more of their attention to football again, I need to get my head back in the game. You'll see I've taken my shot at ranking some players by position. The RBs may be skewed a bit based on the first draft I have coming up where there's a 1 point reception bonus, so pass catching RBs get a bump.

You'll also notice the poll, which I'm hoping you'll vote in (it's a cheesy way of figuring out if anyone's reading!). The idea came from one of the FFB mags I picked up. The recent trend these past couple of years is that each has an article espousing taking players a round or two early. I decided to take things one step further and ponder if you should really factor in bye weeks. Personally, I'm getting a little tired of a 8-10 week window in the season where I'm starting at least one backup b/c someone better is on a bye. Wouldn't it be better to get this period over with ASAP? I'd like to know your thoughts. All 3 of you :)

No comments: