Thursday, July 26, 2007

"Significant" changes in some rankings

While I'm sure I could augment the lists to the right as to why I move a certain player up or down, it would probably make the list harder to read. Plus, sometimes I just tinker and it's kinda hard to justify moving a guy one or two spots in either direction. Maybe if I got paid like some 'experts' out there, I would. But I do this for free while I don't have the baby on my lap.

Anyway, a couple changes that bear mentioning: I redid the 'middle-ish' tier of QBs after reading enough about JP Losman to realize I was short-changing him a bit. While I was at it, I remembered Leinart and Cutler are only going into their first full years as starters, while Big Ben has actually, you know, WON A SUPERBOWL (although he tried his best not to!). I thought about doing likewise for Lee Evans based on some reading, but after seeing my actual rankings, I feel he's fine where he's at.

I also decided to actually FOLLOW one of my 'principles' and downgrade Brett Favre based on my "you never want a guy in his 'he lost it' year" belief. Of course, Brett lost it a couple years back, but I'm sure he could get even worse, considering they'd be hard pressed to bench the poor old guy.

I also finally split Jerious Norwood from Warrick Dunn, as the latter is having back surgery which will sideline him for 3-4 weeks.

No comments: