Saturday, December 30, 2006

So, how else did you F up your season?

I alluded to it earlier, but I made some bad decisions regarding TJ. The most glaring one was the Bengals Thursday night game at home against the Ravens. "Hey, it's the Ravens! They have a great pass D!" I thought. "Hey, the Bengals have a horrible pass D and Baltimore's Mark Clayton's been pretty good these past couple of weeks!" I thought.

"I'll show you!" the gods of FFB thought. Baltimore, playing on the road, just couldn't overcome the short turnaround from their Sunday game, while the Bengals were energized by their home crowd.

Bottom line: give extra consideration to players playing primetime games at home on short rest and try to avoid players from the road team.

Bottom bottom line: without looking at the stats, it seems to me that most of the Thursday night games have been stinkers. Always start your studs but if you need to choose from players on the 2nd tier or lower, choose the ones that get a full week to rest up and heal.

No comments: