Wednesday, October 31, 2007

How'm I doin'? (QBs and WRs)

No errors in judgement with respect to the Top 3: Brady, Manning and Palmer. I'd like to think I was correct with my concern that Brees could fall back down to Earth, as he did for a time. McNabb may have been ranked a bit high, but I think he'll be fine.

If I recall the next 'tier' correctly, it contained guys like Hasselbeck (consistently good and a key member of two of my better teams), Romo (whom I ranked a bit low just in case), Big Ben (performingly nicely in the new offense), Cutler & Kitna (both decent) and... Leinart (oops!).

Next was Vince Young (whom, if 'intangibles' lead to fantasy points, he'd be all-World, but they don't, so he sucks), Eli Manning (decent first half, but he seems to fall apart when the weather gets cold, so the jury's still out), Favre (hey, he looked like crap last year; who knew?) and Grossman (another oops).

Rounding out the pack were guys like McNair (bad), Garcia (much better than advertised) and the usual gang of idiots like Harrington, Leftwich, Schaub and Losman.

All in all, I think I did okay with QBs.

Now, about those WRs.

I don't think anyone could've predicted Randy Moss making the leap up the board that he did. Nor the fall down Harrison and Smith have made. Beyond that, the one guy I'd like to address is Deion Branch (my other man-crush, next to kicker Matt Stover). Before his injury, he was playing up to the level I ranked him (but was always able to draft him in later rounds, creating tremendous value). I'm hoping he returns to form this week.

No comments: