Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sportsline's "Start 'em & Sit 'em" Spits the Bit

Now THIS is the Sportsline I remember - telling you to bench studs and start reserves without compuction. Let's take it from the top.

Sit o' the Week: Lamont Jordan
Jamey got one fact right in that TEN DOES have the #1 run D. What he forgets to mention is that Jordan is also very active in the PASSING game. Furthermore, his assertion that Jordan will lose touches to Dominic Rhodes holds no water, as his very own site is reporting that the Raiders ARE CLOSE TO TRADING OR RELEASING RHODES. Now, I'm not sure what this means for this week. Will Rhodes be showcased or will he ride the pine? What I do know is that Jordan is NOT deserving of "Sit O' the Week".

QB Sleeper: Marc Bulger
OH. MY. GOD. I don't care WHOM the Rams are facing and WHOM they've got back at RB. Bulger is hurt and he's shown us NOTHING all year. Bruce and/or Bennett are banged up at WR, too. I would feel VERY stupid about starting Bulger in the face of all this data. Check out where I've got him ranked; I'd feel safer starting "sit 'ems" like Jeff Garcia and John Kitna over Bulger.

Start 'em: Bernard Berrian
Can't mention him without also pimping Muhsin Muhammad.

Sit 'ems: Darrell Jackson, Jeff King, Vernon Davis & Randy McMichael
Really? They're paying you to tell me this? My 8 month old is smart enough to not even have these lugs on her roster let alone start them.

Sit 'em: Rob Bironas
But only because he won't kick 8 this week. Big friggin' deal. If he kicks 2 and 2 XPs, you're fine.

No comments: