Thursday, October 11, 2007

Around the web o' crap

Below par edition of East Coast Offense this week, punctuated by a recommendation to go out and grab Kellen Clemens along with this:
Lee Evans will make a major impact as the season goes on, no matter who's playing quarterback.

Yes, he'll make a major impact to your roster if you continue to start him. Last I checked, owners don't get points for the # of times he was a decoy.

He also goes out a limb (no, really, that wasn't sarcasm) with this prediction:
At least one of Reggie Brown, D.J. Hackett or Mark Clayton will have a big second half of the season.


Of course, I could just be bitter because he offers no help with my suicide pool, recommending the Ravens, whom I already used in Week 2 against the Jets.

Then there's this 'article' on MSN FoxSports. The author pretty much set himself up to fail, though, with this openning:
Being a fantasy geek isn't easy.

... and writing about it is even harder for you, it seems. Even the usual gang of FoxSports commenters have passed on this article as 'too easy', it seems (only one comment yet the article's a day old).

Then there's the usual stuff from CBS Sportsline. For example:
One-week sleeper: Reggie Brown (at NYJ). This is the week Brown gets going. He only has eight catches for 81 yards this season and no touchdowns. But coming off the bye, look for the Eagles to start getting Brown more involved in the offense.

We talked about the 'shouldas', 'couldas' and 'wouldas', right?

Also, McNabb is their 'Start of the Week' (another 'Frick on a Stick with a Brick' moment for me, since I have him in my most important league) and they recommend starting Brian Griese, figuring that since CHI can't run on MIN, they'll throw and throw and throw. The logic is sound, I admit, but remember the QB in question IS Brian Griese. I would look for other options first. (Full disclosure: I'm starting one of the CHI TEs on Sunday, just not sure which one, yet). Sticking with the Second City, Cedric Benson is their 'Sit of the Week', which I DO agree with.

No comments: