Friday, September 21, 2007

CBS Sportsline Newz U Kan't Uze

There's more on the website, but here are some of the headlines and 'stories' that showed up in my mailbox:

  • "'Marion the Barbarian' ready for Bears" - Gee, I hope so b/c if he was ready for the Dolphins, he'd be in for a shock.

  • "Garcia 1-9 all-time vs. Rams" - I don't care if he can beat them; he can throw for 400 yards, 3 TDs and 3 INTs and lose for all I care. How does this help me?

  • "McNabb looks to repeat success vs. Lions" - I'm glad he's not going to mix things up and planning to fail (although he may do so accidentally).

  • "Addai should find success vs. Texans" - if there's one thing Sportsline is good for, it's "couldas", "shouldas" and "wouldas". Now, in THIS case, you should go with it. If it was, say, Cedric Benson, I'd be a little more skeptical. My favorite is when they try to predict the flow of the game. They'll say something like "we expect Rex to take some shots down field which will open up the running lanes for Benson" (just because you open up a lane doesn't mean Cedric will run through it). Until they prove that they also have a machine that lets them see the future, don't buy into it!

No comments: