Monday, September 17, 2007

Deconstructing an expert: CBS Sportsline's Dave Richard


Man, the year I decide to start a blog to take these guys down, they finally start employing some common sense. Dave Richard had two decent postings today: a 'recap' column and his usual 'Fantasy vs. Reality' one. The latter one bears watching, though, because he will probably start contradicting himself next week. For example, this week he says:
Fantasy: Jake Delhomme is back, baby!

Get it? It's 'fantasy' because the real credit should go to Steve Smith. As a Steve Smith owner, I don't really care. Just you watch, though; one bad game from Jake and Dave will post a "Reality: Delhomme stinks" blurb. Bank on it.

In his other column, he has 3 waiver wire recommendations. The first one, though, reads like an example of "how not to piss off an NFL running back":
DeShawn Wynn, RB, Green Bay: I'm not a huge fan of Wynn -- he had 12 yards on nine carries before breaking off a 38-yard run -- but it appears that he's going to be a part of the Packers' RB rotation, at least until Vernand Morency comes back. Who knows when that will be. I'd pick him up in all leagues just for depth on the bench.

So he's 'not a huge fan', he'll lose reps when Morency comes back, but *I* should pick him up in ALL leagues? Why not tell me who the best player you'd drop for him would be? Should I drop... oh, I dunno... DeShaun Foster for him? I honestly don't know; tell me!

He also says you should replace an underachieving WR with TEN's Roydell Williams, who will probably start underachieving himself in Week 3.

All in all, though, Dave does a good job of preaching patience with guys like LJ, Kool-Aid, Mojo Drew and SJax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you moron where is Derek Anderson on your QB list