Saturday, September 8, 2007

Changing Gears


Well, I'm back. Welcome to all who found this site b/c of the shout out from The Big Lead. If you're wondering where the content's been, it was with me in Las Vegas! My lovely wife let me do a solo trip out there to take advantage of a great offer from Bally's. I came home a mere $20 lighter than when I left. I also did my last fantasy draft from an "internet cafe" in a strip mall across the street from the Monte Carlo.

Now that the season has started, I'm hoping that this site will finally begin to look like what I envisioned: a place to contradict all the 'expert' advice out there with clean, simple common sense. The main difference is that I'm going to try my best not to let matchups dictate line-up decisions. I don't know about you, but I've been burned too many times by benching a stud going against an 'elite' D and instead going with someone labelled as the 'start of the week' due to the matchup. Remember, big players make big plays in big games. What I've done over on the right is rank players based on a matchup-agnostic "whom would you rather have?" methodology. Another way to look at it would be "how stupid would I feel for starting X over Y if Y is the one who has the better game?".

Speaking of 'start of the week', Deuce was CBS Sportsline's for Week 1 and I think we all know how that went. Had I seen that in time, I would've posted sooner... honest!

For all of you using FoxSports for your leagues, I'm sorry to hear about the recent troubles with the site. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here and scroll down to the comments. Fox Sports now has the worst 'league site' to go along with the worst 'advice site' in the business. Great job, Fox!

No comments: