Monday, September 24, 2007

You are what you are

After 2 weeks were in the books, I was hesitant to make major changes over on the right.

Now that we're through 3 weeks, I have no such problems. Studs are solidifying their positions. Sleepers are proving their staying-power. Busts are dropping like rocks.

The one wrinkle in all this is injuries. I spent much of Sunday without Internet access wondering about some key players across my teams: Brian Westbrook, Lamont Jordan and Plaxico Burress. I ended up starting the first two, but 'played it safe' and started Jerry Porter instead of Plax. "Hey, he's playing CLEVELAND", I thought. Well, this is where common sense should've kicked in. Once I heard through the grapevine that Plax would play, I should've inserted him. It was a big game for the G-men and Plax is a big player. On the other side of the coin, it was a meaningless game for Oakland and Porter's proving to be a meaningless player. I should've rolled with Plax. Luckily, it didn't cost me the W... THIS time.

No comments: