Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another draft bites the dust

I had another draft Tuesday night, but training for my Vegas trip next week kept me from posting the results till now (learning Deuces Wild Video Poker and Pai Gow Poker on my PC).

This was another Yahoo! league, with very strange scoring. First of all, you start QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, so WRs are like currency. Second of all, the scoring format favors running/receiving TDs over yardage (although there is a .5 PPR and 3 bonus points for 300 yds/passing, 100 yds/rush and 100 yds/rec). So I altered my strategy a bit; I was helped out by getting a good slot: third!

  • Joseph Addai

  • Marvin Harrison

  • Antonio Gates

  • Deuce McAllister

  • Marion Barber III

  • Deion Branch

  • Bernard Berrian

  • LaMont Jordan

  • Matt Hasselbeck

  • Jerry Porter

  • Fred Taylor

  • Devery Henderson

  • Brett Favre

  • Matt Stover

  • Denver

  • Wes Welker


I really agonized over taking Gates with the 3rd pick in the 3rd round; it was between him and T.O.. MAYBE had I done that, I still could've ended up with Winslow or Heap later and I could've taken a better RB than Deuce, but remember, TDs are more valuable here and Deuce will get his share. Also, a LOT of good RBs went between my pick at #3 and my second. I don't have the info anymore, but I think the best available at that point was Thomas Jones, whom I am now worried about. So WR/WR was how I decided to play it, but opted instead for a TE who scores like a WR. I'm totally happy with Branch as my #2 and ecstatic with Berrian as my #3.

Fred Taylor was a "holy crap, he's still available?!" pick. And I can't believe Devery lasted as long as he did.

No comments: