Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dolphins at Chiefs

This definitely isn't an attempt to 'live blog' as I've officially stopped watching the game. I have no desire to partake in "Cleo and Brody's Excellent Adventure".

Even when Trent Green and Damon Huard were in there, though, there wasn't much to write home about.

Ronnie Brown looked good, but I think that was in spite of the Miami O. Trent Green again looked pretty bad, although Jaws tried to pump him up, saying that there were some drops that were not his fault. Again, you have to look at the O-line. Too many times, it looked like a jailbreak on defense. Brown only got his yards due to some nifty moves, some overpursuit by KC and some plain ol' dumb luck. Nifty moves will only work so many times and not all defenses overpursue.

It's clear that Ronnie Brown is Cam Cameron's Tomlinson, just like David Martin is 'supposed' to be Cameron's new Antonio Gates. Martin was targeted a bunch of times, but did have one or two drops. Don't go bumping Martin up your draft board, though. I'm not (I'll add him at the bottom, though).

Stop the presses: Chris Chambers caught a ball!

I don't have much to say about KC because Larry Johnson still hasn't signed, but I WILL say that I know Michael Bennett is a capable RB and if he couldn't get anything going, chances are LJ won't fare too much better. KC's O-line seemed content to play their own little game of 'anything you can do we can do worse' with Miami's O-line.

No comments: