Sunday, August 19, 2007

Doug Tucker must've been watching a different game

Doug Tucker, an AP sports writer, wrote the game recap for Miami vs. KC at Yahoo!. This line, in particular, vexes me:

Miami's retooled offensive line, a big worry all during training camp, opened hole after hole in the first quarter for Ronnie Brown, who had gains of 12 and 10 yards to get Green's long drive started.


I actually took the time out of my busy schedule to rewatch Ronnie's runs, since I still had the game on my DVR. I would say, that of his 13 rushes, a mere 2 or 3 of the good ones were because of open holes. Oh, sure, it's easy to say a hole was open by virtue of the fact that there was a space for him to run through. But if you look closer, you'll see a lot of fancy footwork, a couple of cutbacks and some poor tackling by KC.

If you want to see what open holes look like, check out what Minnesota's O-line was able to open up for Adrian Peterson against the Jets.

No comments: