Sunday, August 12, 2007

Some things I know I know

With all apologies to Peter King, who merely just thinks:

  • Don't buy heavily into Deshaun Foster's 5 for 62 against the Giants. The Giants have a new defensive coordinator and they're also converting Mathias Kiwanuka from DE to LB. And say what you want about Michael Strahan. Sure, he may get himself into bad marriages, which result in a bad divorce and Michael begging Subway's Jarrod for 'more meat', but he was good against the run. Besides, Foster's a threat to injure himself any day now. Doesn't look like DeAngelo Williams got any reps, though; anyone know what's up?

  • Brandon Jackson went 16 for 57 yds against PIT? Can anyone tell me what string of PIT's D he did this against? I'm not being snide; I really want to know!

  • Ronnie Brown's 8 rushes for 8 yards is a symptom, not the disease. Trent Green looked awful, too, and I bet it all comes down to MIA's O-line.

  • Jamal Lewis had 4 rushes for 20 yards. I may have been wrong; I need to see more before passing 2nd judgment.

  • Regarding the Texans, some interesting quotes here. Did anyone actually see the game? I'd like to believe in Schaub, I really do, but I can't just yet. And the quote about Ahman Green (3 for 7 yds) just needing a little more blocking reminds me of baseball people saying that a pitcher 'just needs to harness his stuff'. In other words, the guy's going to annoy the living crap out of you.

  • I tried watching Sunday night's game but it didn't hold my interest the way Friday's did. Neither team had any rookies I was curious about going into the game, but I guess I should've been curious about SD rookie WR Craig "Call me Buster" Davis, who looked good with the first team (my guess he was subbing for an injured Eric Parker). Did Vincent Jackson even have a catch? DJ Hackett, not Nate Burleson, got the reps when Hasselbeck was under center. Oh and Deion Branch's 30 yard TD catch merely reinforces the lofty expectations I have for him this year; I can't wait to grab this guy with a 'value pick'!

No comments: