Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Snap back to reality (a mea culpa)

I can't believe I'm actually now indebted to guys like Sean Salisbury, but based on this, I am. It's an analysis of the ESPN Fantasy Draft Special from last night that I didn't watch b/c it was 1.5 hours long and I barely have time to watch a 15 minute show like Robot Chicken these days. Sean took Laurence Maroney at #5 (I had him ranked at 4) and the guys at Winning the Turnover Battle really let him have it.

If you go by the premise that "good ideas seem like bad ideas to losers" and vice versa, I REALLY messed up with my RB rankings. The whole point of this blog was to make sure you didn't follow advice that would later make you look like an idiot and I failed in that respect. I fell in love with guys like Thomas Jones, but devalued a guy like Frank Gore who works out by dragging tires around and just so happens to have a broken hand (and a new O-coordinator, but I'll let this slide).

I also dropped Calvin Johnson down considerably. I'm thinking of dropping Deion Branch as well, but I'm torn. On the one hand I KNOW he'll produce, but on the other, someone could probably take one of the WRs that came after him in round X and still be able to get Branch in round X+1. So I'm not sure if I should rank based on performance or on 'value'. Let me hear your thoughts in the comments, all 1 of you :).

No comments: