Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm Asking Myself, "Do I Feel Lucky?"

After 2 weeks of fake football, I'm 0-2, 1-1 and 1-1.

Now, just by looking at the first record, you may think I'm panicking, but I'm not. At least not yet. In Week 1, my opponent caught lightning in a bottle and I only lost this week by 8. I think I have the horses; I just have to get a little more out of them. No major changes are planned, as I just need my luck to change a bit. I don't want to be so 'skillful' that I think myself out of some wins.

My 1-1 teams are beset by injuries. Austin, Bryant, FJones, Foster (yes, Foster; I did end up trading AP for him and now I'm paying for it) are all banged up. And yes, I see the irony in outthinking myself and trading for Foster. I still think, though, that if I can hang around until he gets healthy, I'll be fine. And, more importantly, I think AP falls off a cliff soon, maybe even in Week 3 against the Lions.

My 3rd most important team is the one that concerns me most, as I'm not keeping pace with respect to total points and losing Foster will only make things worse. The first thing I'm doing is benching Schaub for Stafford. Houston seems to have a more balanced O. Detroit, on the other hand, knows they need to air it out b/c Jahvid Best isn't a clock-killer.

Finally, to switch gears over to my survivor pool, I definitely feel lucky about the Redskins win. I think I'll take Week 3 off and take Pitt against Indy.

No comments: