Saturday, September 17, 2011

JMP Hops on the AC Bus - Part 1

I’ve always said that gambling is when ‘desire’ meets ‘opportunity’. Well, opportunity came a-knockin’ on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, in the form of my wife and kids being on a ‘girls only’ vacation in Lancaster with my mother-in-law. Saturday was actually their ‘go home’ day, but I knew my family wouldn’t get back to the house until around 6 pm. And since my usual runnin’ buddies weren’t able to join me, I saw this as the perfect chance to take the bus and leave the driving (and the increasing tolls) to someone else.


A few things have changed since I last took the bus in 2009. My bus left King of Prussia at 10, not 9, the stops were different and we got 6 hours, not 5, to spend in AC. The price went up by a buck to $26. But perhaps most importantly, the bus was PACKED! Now, maybe the nice weather had something to do with it, or maybe it was the change in the route. Either way, I spent the bulk of my travel time with my seat in its full upright and locked position. “Now everyone can be comfortable,” said the guy behind me after he asked me to put my seat up so his friend had some legroom. Yeah, buddy, you’re not 6’2”.

Oh, one other positive change: we got down to Caesars in about 2.5 hours, so I was on my way to the 9/6 progressive JoB machines by Toga with a $25 slot play coupon by around 12:30 pm. Sadly, that bank has dwindled to six machines and everyone knows about them, so I had to wait a bit for one to open up. Once it did, though, I quickly paid for my travel, thanks to a dealt full house and some other good hands that let me cash out with $30 in real money. I headed North on the boardwalk to check out what Hurricane Irene did to the beach, pop in on Resorts and see their new (to me) Roaring Twenties theme and, finally, see how Revel was coming along.

To be continued...

No comments: