Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Night Linkability

I'm sitting here watching 2 out of my 3 fantasy leads disappearing (against Brady in one league and Welker in another), so I thought I'd share some links I've been saving up.

AoM article on Viewers vs Do-ers: Perfect for the start of football season, when most people spend hours on the couch each weekend. I would argue that playing FFB makes you more of a 'do-er', as watching the games is like scouting, making trades requires negotiation skills and auction drafts (and some waiver systems) require money management skills.

Chris Christie picks a fight with Vegas: There are probably MUCH better articles out there about this (some of the man-on-the-street quotes were dreadful), but this is the one I saw. I have to be fair - I hated when Obama bashed Vegas so I can't side with Christie here. It's better to say what you do well than what your opponent, allegedly, can't do.

My Power Rankings: A bit late if you needed these for your survivor pool (so, so glad I burned Arizona; I have no desire to ever pick them again). I don't plan on changing them too frequently; I try to avoid knee-jerk reactions. If anything, the Seahawks drop down to the basement since they lost to the previous cellar-dwelling Niners.

No comments: