Thursday, August 18, 2011

Draft HQ


I was supposed to have a draft this past Sunday, but it got postponed. Still, I wanted to share what my HQ or 'war room' looks like for drafts. I used to do my drafts upstairs in the office (except for the one time I did it from an Internet cafe in Vegas, but that's another story), but ever since we got the laptop, I do them in our kitchen. There's plenty of light, food and drink are within reach and there's a powder room nearby.

You may also notice the presence of some archaic information tracking instruments called 'pieces of paper'. I gave up on ranking my players within each of my leagues b/c it got too cumbersome. Once I started writing the blog in 2007, it was easy to just drag my mouse through my rankings, drop the text into MS Notepad, format and print.

It also allows me to quickly see across all 4 major positions without having to click anywhere with a mouse.

Finally, it allows me to also have the website's default rankings available, which is handy when I know I'm in a league with people who don't rank. I was able to hold off on drafting Arian Foster last July by just waiting for him to get close to the top of available running backs.

This system works for me, but I'm interested to hear how you handle YOUR drafts. Make with the comments, people! It's getting lonely in here! :)

No comments: