Friday, August 12, 2011

Quick Thoughts on the Eagles/Ravens Tilt

I don't put a lot of stock in what I see in the first week of pre-season, but I do keep things in the back of my mind to see if they continue. Here's what I'll be looking with regard to these two teams going forward:

  • PHI's D-line clearly won the battle with BAL's O-line. Joe Flacco didn't have a lot of time to throw and, save for a couple of nifty moves, Ray Rice didn't have a lot of room to run. It's almost as if Juan "in a million chance he'll be a good D-coord" Castillo was overcompensating for the fact that, as last year's O-line coach, he's way out of his element. Still, I'll be watching BAL's O-line like a hawk. I saw bad things about DAL's last year and thus wasn't too surprised when Tony Romo went down.
  • It takes not having D-Jax AND Jeremy Maclin for Mike Vick to remember that Brent Celek exists. That said, I guess I have to add Celek to my rankings... at the bottom. Have you noticed I hold grudges?

No comments: