Monday, August 29, 2011

Pre-season Week 3: Four-Pack #2

SEA @ DEN
  • I eventually had to give up on watching the Seahawks on offense, b/c Leon Washington is the only player there worth watching. I actually think he'd be a sneaky play as a backup in medium leagues.
  • Denver didn't really look in synch much on O, either. I think Kyle Orton was trying to work rookie TE Julius Thomas (not bolded b/c I'm not ranking him) into the mix.
  • I can't tell who the WR2 is, as Eddie Royal and Eric Decker seemed to get equal targets (and Decker got a TD). And you know what they say: "when you've got 2 WRs, you don't really have any".
  • As far as the WR1 goes, I think Brandon Lloyd is still a top 10 WR in the National Football League. His actual stats were light, but the targets were there.
  • Equally muddy is the RB situation, as Moreno put up the numbers but McGahee found paydirt. Knoshown did look faster, but had trouble running between the tackles. Well, I just need them for Week 5 and then I can jettison one or both.
MIA @ TB
  • The Dolphins remind me of the Cardinals: lull you to sleep with some short passes to Anthony Fasano (bolded b/c I'm ranking him) and then BAM hit you with a bomb to Brandon Marshall. I think it's time to rank Chad Henne
  • The difference being we know who the WR2 is in Miami: Davone Bess. And he's great in PPR leagues, too.
  • I'm worried about Reggie Bush. He had little room to run inside or outside and had trouble catching the ball.
  • I still don't like what I'm seeing from Josh Freeman. His best pass of the night was to LeGarrette Blount who did most of the work after the catch.
NE @ DET
  • Despite having Matt Stafford as my QB2 in a 2-QB league, I'm realistic; as such, I realize a good chunk of yardage came on a screen to Jerome Harrison and what I'll call a broken play to Calvin Johnson.
  • Just when you thought Brandon Pettigrew was the only TE in the picture, Tony Scheffler re-emerges and, for lack of a better term, 'vultures' a TD.
  • I don't think Tom Brady targetted Chad Ochocinco all night. Maybe it was the pass rush, or maybe, as reports have stated, Chad has 'sucked' in practice.
  • Aaron Hernandez won the battle with Rob Gronkowski in this game, but all that means that next time, Rob will win. Or maybe not. This is why I'm not drafting either.
HOU @ SF
  • On the first play of the game, Matt Schaub tried to throw a screen, but a leaping SF defender picked it off. I'm trading Schaub.
  • Later, after catching a pass, Owen Daniels fumbled. I'm trading him too.
  • Arian Foster? Hurt. I wouldn't trade Leon Washington for him.
  • Yeah, it's late and it's not like I can say anything positive about the Niners. Oh, I'm downgrading Vernon Davis. That's something I'm 'positive' about.

No comments: