Tuesday, August 16, 2011

TB @ KC, SF @ NO, BUF @ CHI, MIN @ TEN, NYJ @ HOU

Let's try a slightly different format. I'm not posting much on each game, but they're taking up a lot of real estate b/c of the overhead that goes with a post.

Buccaneers vs. Chiefs
  • I didn't really see much from Josh Freeman as a passer, but he ran in a TD.
  • Legarrette Blount looked great running between the tackles and also caught a pass. In a division with high-powered New Orleans and Atlanta, the Bucs will need a power running game to keep their D off the field.
  • AAAANNNNNDDDD there's Thomas Jones getting some carries that should be going to Jamal Charles, whom I don't think even played.
49ers vs. Saints
  • Were the Saints being very aggressive on D or does the Niners' O-line just stink? Probably a little from Column A, a little from Column B. It gives me pause about anything surrounding the Niners' passing game and I don't know if I can now trust Frank Gore to carry this team for 16 games.
  • Mark Ingram had a good YPC average and scored a TD, but I was disheartened to see Pierre Thomas get any playing time. Clearly, Sean Payton plans to thumb his nose at FFB players.
  • Saints TE Jimmy Graham was targetted a couple of times but didn't register a catch. I'll keep this in mind in the weeks ahead.
Bills vs. Bears
  • I want to like Fred Jackson, I really do. And he looked good, to boot. But then he gave way to CJ Spiller and that hurts both their values.
  • Besides Stevie Johnson, I have no idea who's catching passes for the Bills, but it seems every time Ryan Fitzpatrick threw a ball, a Bill made the catch. I feel confident in my ranking of him, thus far.
  • That Bears O-line is worse than I had heard and is a big negative on Jay Cutler and Matt Forte.
Vikings vs. Titans
  • MIN's O-line graded poorly in www.rotoworld.com's rankings and it showed in this game. AP had nowhere to run and Donovan McNabb didn't have a lot of time. Bernard Berrian underwhelmed and I hereby declare him 'unrankable'.
  • Who needs Chris Johnson? Javon Ringer looked just fine. I wouldn't immediately put him into CJ2K's spot in the rankings, but he'd be up there.
  • There's a lot of blog buzz about TEN TE Jared Cook and he had some nice grabs in this game. But he's got no track record. I'll keep watching and rank him when I've seen more.
Jets vs. Texans
  • Shonn Green is ready to be 'the man'. 'nuff said.
  • Santonio Holmes looks to be the first option on any passing play. Could make him an interesting PPR point machine.
  • I would've liked to have seen Owen Daniels do a bit more, especially with Andre Johnson out. Maybe Matt Schaub has moved on? I'll keep an eye on this.

No comments: