Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pre-season Week 3: TWO-Pack #1

I don't know what happened on NFL Network. A bunch of their game replays got shifted to the right but my channel guide never caught up. I actually had four games I could've watched, but I've heard so many negative things about Browns/Eagles that I don't have the desire to watch it yet. On the other side of the coin, it sounded like Packers/Colts was a good game, but the only thing I'm interested in there is the Colts' RB battle and I'm just not going to get a good sense of it with Curtis Painter under center. Maybe I'll have a change of heart tomorrow or maybe my DVR will record complete games for a change. In the meantime...

NOR @ OAK
  • Seeing Jimmy Graham reel in passes like Jermichael Finley makes me feel like a bit of a chump for overpaying for Finley. I won't make that mistake again.
  • Unfortunately, this means that Marques Colston is just another guy now. Hey, they should give Jimmy WR eligibility too, so his owners can use him wherever like we were able to do with Colston back in the day. Man, those were good times.
  • The NOR RB situation is still muddled, as Pierre Thomas cashed in a chance from in close.
  • On the Raiders' offensive side of the ball, assuming NOR did, in fact, shore up their run D, then the OAK O-line did a great job opening holes for Michael Bush. This makes me happy to be a Darren McFadden owner.
  • If you forced me to draft an OAK WR, I'd take Denarius Moore. Jason Campbell looked his way a lot and I think he'll at least rack up the catches. Maybe that'll change when Jacoby Ford gets back, but maybe not. It's not like Heyward-Bay is worth owning. Hey, remember Chaz Schillens?
CHI @ TEN
  • This game started off slow, but once both teams found their rhythms, it was very entertaining... my 2nd favorite game of the week so far.
  • If you had eyes, you could actually see Roy Williams play his way out of a job. Two catches, a couple of drops and a tipped ball that was intercepted. Johnny Knox is now roster-able again!
  • Perhaps even more roster-able? Earl Bennett, who had the 'Vanderbuilt Connection' thing with Jay Cutler working. He'd be a nice player in deeper PPR leagues.
  • FYI, Devin Hester was never rosterable to begin with. At this time last year, I was all about Knox and that Aromashadu guy who I don't think is even in the league anymore.
  • Matt Forte took a little while to get going, but once he did, he erased many doubts I had about CHI's O-line.
  • TEN has a good RB as well. Perhaps you've heard of him. Well, assuming he comes back, he'll blow through the holes TEN's O-line was opening for his understudies all night. Do I wish I had drafted him instead of Ray Rice? Ask me again in December. Right now, I'd still rather have the guy who's been practicing and who's starting QB is not Matt Hasselbeck (who actually looked okay).
  • Speaking of... if Matt targets Kenny Britt the way he targetted Nate Washington, Britt will be top 10 in PPR leagues.
  • Jared Cook? Still not convinced; not with a "2 rec, 16 yds" performance.

No comments: